> Maybe I'm wrong, but MEV always supposes to have log2 transformed data
> (since the first release). Instead, if you import experiments with one
> color or two color separated channels, then MEV supposes to have non
> log2 transformed data.
> There's another situation in which some old version of MEV supposes to
> have non log transformed data:  if it doesn't find (in a non specified
> number of initial lines!?) any negative value then it switches to direct
> ratios (non log2 transformed data)

We have only tested MeV with 2-channel data and this didn't work with logged
values. I am sure there were negative values rather early in the file, so it
seems like the auto-detection wasn't very robust.

In any case, it is a simple operation in MeV to transform between logged and
unlogged values.

> Frequently it's necessary to have the possibility to export not only
> ratios, but also different raw data columns or computed statistical
> quantities.

But it is not possible with the TDMS format. It can only hold one value
per spot.

> Yes, I know the huge effort that you are doing on the BASE2 project, I
> appreciate it very much.  My point was to have again similar
> functionalities (at least 1 and 2) that were present in BASE1...
>
> About this, if you're interested, I'll try to report to you (in a
> different thread / email) our experience about the transition from BASE1
> to BASE2.

Send a report on this list if you want to. It is almost two years ago since we
migrated our own production server and the migration code is not maintained any
more.

/Nicklas