Using the basex Zip distribution for both 8.0.3 and 8.1, I'm getting a
failure on REPLACE but not ADD for the same XML data.

This command succeeds:

basexclient -c "CHECK dfst_dfst-sample-project_master; OPEN
dfst_dfst-sample-project_master; ADD to dfst/metadata.xml <dfst_metadata/>"

But this command fails

basexclient -c "CHECK dfst_dfst-sample-project_master; OPEN
dfst_dfst-sample-project_master; REPLACE dfst/metadata.xml
<dfst_metadata/>"

"..." (Line 1): Premature end of file.

This definitely worked in the past, so something must have changed on my
system.

Obviously, the error message is not very helpful in this case.

Any idea what the problem might be or how I would diagnose this failure?

Thanks,

E.

—————
Eliot Kimber, Owner