KL> Using the current cvs I get this class cast exception. This
KL> happens if an image cannot be found.

    Hmm, I (or you for testing purposes) can easily wrap the cast in a
try catch block which would probably make the problem go away for now
for you (I can't reproduce the problem in my copy of Batik). I also
really have to wonder who is setting the
SVG_BROKEN_LINK_DOCUMENT_PROPERTY, on an image returned from the
ImageTagRegistry, if it isn't the SVGBrokenLinkProvider which always
sets it to an SVGDocument.

    This seems like a bigger issue than just the class cast problem.
Can you provide more information on the image returned from
reg.readURL(..) in createRasterImageNode? It's type for example, also
printing the object that is returned from the img.getProperty(...)
call might be useful...

KL> Also how can I set the base directory for resolving external
KL> images.

KL> java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Object at

org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGImageElementBridge.createRasterImageNode(SVGImageElementBridge.java:167)
KL> at

org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGImageElementBridge.createGraphicsNode(SVGImageElementBridge.java:109)