On Thursday, February 1 2001 00:17:41, Sridhar Boovaraghavan wrote:
[...]
> This might be some weird interaction with Emacs 21. I downloaded
> 21.0.97 (the latest pretest) today and the behavior was even
> worse. Now in addition to the error, VM doesn't display the messages
> properly (I see the entire folder when I try to display a message by
> hitting space in the summary buffer.)
>
> I commented out (bbdb-insinuate-vm) for things to come back to normal
> (in VM respects).
>
> Here is the stack trace of the error. I am just opening my primary
> inbox. The message that is currently being displayed (from Avtar Vasu)
> has a BBDB record associated with the sender.

[...]

This message works fine with Xemacs and GNU Emacs 20.7 (non
mule) -- I am not able to reproduce this.

Do you get this error also when executing just this?
[press a "C-x C-e" behind the closing ")" paren]

(bbdb-extract-address-components "\"Avtar Vasu\" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>")

It should return the following

(("Avtar Vasu" "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"))

Is there another GNU Emacs user with the same problem?

Robert