Galen Boyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I found the issue.  table.el has caused me a few headaches now.
> For some reason, it finds its way into the middle of compilations
> and then the resultant compiled code has issues.  I ran the bbdb
> uncompiled (whew, is it slow) and I was able to perform the
> operations.  I then removed the loading of table.el, shut down
> and restarted Emacs, byte-compiled bbdb, shut down and restarted
> to load the byte-compiled versions and, the problems went away.

Lots of packages define missing functions in order to run on Emacs and
XEmacs.  Other packages test wethere critical functions are bound or
not, and then assume they are on Emacs or XEmacs.  :(

I've had a similar problem with one package or another because BBDB
used to do that as well (don't know wether it still does).

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/