On July 22, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Question --- should bbdb-hooks just be loaded?  Seems like it
> radically changes the behavior of some things in good ways....  Or
> perhaps selected items therein should be moved out and merged with the
> codebase proper?

Hmm. My autoloads file has a whole bunch of stuff in it for
bbdb-hooks:
;;;### (autoloads (bbdb-force-record-create sample-bbdb-canonicalize-net-hook
;;;;;;  bbdb-auto-notes-hook bbdb-ignore-some-messages-hook
bbdb-ignore-selected-messages-hook
;;;;;;  bbdb-ignore-most-messages-hook bbdb-extract-field-value bbdb-header-start
;;;;;;  bbdb-creation-date-hook bbdb-timestamp-hook) "bbdb-hooks"
;;;;;;  "bbdb-hooks.el" (16158 24670))
;;; Generated autoloads from bbdb-hooks.el

So using any of those should result in bbdb-hooks getting loaded. Have
a look in bbdb-autoloads.el and see if you can spot any of this stuff.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.
"It's ridiculous, you go and suddenly there's no email, or at least