Hi,

I just installed very recently BBDB, and I love it, it makes my VM experience so
much better. I like it so much that I thought it would be very nice to have the
possibility of storing a lot of other useful information in a database format
that could be manipualted in a similar way to my contacts (for example all the
names and characteristics of the machines in my institution), but reading the
documentation, there doesn't seem to be any easy way to modify the structure of
the database or to open new files. Ideally I would like to keep the .bbdb open
for my contacts and mails, but have the possibility of opening (at the same
time) another file with an arbitrary database format and information.

Is there a possibility of doing such a thing with BBDB? If not, does anybody
know of a suitable alternative? (It might be quite simple, but I just started
using Emacs for something more than just text editing, and I'm still a bit
lost).

Thanks for your help,
Angel de Vicente
--