On Monday, October 13, 2003 at 09:41:57, Angel de Vicente wrote:
> Thanks for this, but this will not create a different database file,
> and this will not be good for my needs (it would be pointless to
> have "memory size", "number of processors", etc. fields for my
> friends! :-)) I need to be able to create different database files
> for completely different types of information, so that I could
> create a database file for contacts, another one for computer info,
> another one for web accounts, etc. etc.)
>
> Any ideas on how to do this?

 When running them in different Emacs instances you could
 set `bbdb-file' to "~/.bbdb-web-accounts" in your start-up
 function, e.g.:

 (defun adv-bbdb ()
   (interactive)
   (setq bbdb-file "~/.bbdb-web-accounts")
   (bbdb))

 I am not sure what will happen if you try to use both
 DB-instances in the same Emacs session, as BBDB was not
 designed to handle multiple DB-files.

Bye Robert