Dan Jacobson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> P.S. ELIDEP is not explained here:
>      bbdb is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `bbdb-com'.
>      (bbdb STRING ELIDEP)
>
>      Display all entries in the BBDB matching the regexp STRING
>      in either the name(s), company, network address, or notes.

When you use C-u M-x bbdb RET dan RET you will get the matching
entries in "elided" form -- one line per entry.  It works by
temporarily switching bbdb-display-layout, but I must confess I didn't
quite understand how it picked the layout to use instead.

Alex.
--
.O.  http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/
..O  Schroeder's fifth law: