On Monday, March 17, 2008 at 15:09:51, Didier Verna wrote:
> Robert Widhopf-Fenk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I think about moving the BBDB repository from CVS to BZR and host it
> > on https://launchpad.net instead of sourceforge.net.
>
> > So what do the other developers with CVS write access think about
> > this?
>
>   I'm a bit reluctant to learn yet another VCS.

Well it is not like learning arch, it is merely a s/(svn|hg)/bzr/
most of the time.

> In my lab, we went from CVS, PRCS to SVN and some of my
> collegues are starting to use Git.

And you didn't advocate hg or darcs ;-)

> In XEmacs, we recently switched to Mercurial...

I know.  Do you have any reference on the decisions-making,
I am always curious how projects switching from CVS select
one of the may new vcs.  hg has a lot of following.

My reasons were very simple:  "bzr baz-import".

> Since I don't know bzr at all, I can't say anything about it. On the
> other hand, I guess my usage of BBDB's repo (even as a committer) is
> simple enough so that I wouldn't have to dig deep into bzr to be able to
> use it.

Yes it is easy, you probably know all you need after 1 minute.

> So in short, I'm not really welcoming this change (although I would
> welcome a move to hg) but I'm not strongly opposed to it.

Hey, from within DVC in Emacs it does not really make a
difference and I really prefer the hosting on launchpad.

Has proper rename support finally landed in hg?

Bye Robert