Robert Widhopf-Fenk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And you didn't advocate hg or darcs ;-)

  I got fed up with fighting :-)

>> In XEmacs, we recently switched to Mercurial...
>
> I know. Do you have any reference on the decisions-making, I am always
> curious how projects switching from CVS select one of the may new vcs.
> hg has a lot of following.

  AFAICR, the two final candidates were hg and git, but almost everybody
agreed that they were pretty much equivalent. It was decided to use hg
probably because it is a bit simpler, much more (and better) documented
and requires less repo administration (if any). Maybe also a question of
internals code quality, but I'm not sure.

There was a thread about that on our private review-board mailing list.
I can dig into it if you want more details; but not just right now.
Things are pretty hectic overhere.

> Has proper rename support finally landed in hg?

  I think hg still does this the usual^H^H^Hwrong way ;-)

--
5th European Lisp Workshop at ECOOP 2008, July 7: http://elw.bknr.net/2008/

Didier Verna, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier

EPITA / LRDE, 14-16 rue Voltaire   Tel.+33 (0)1 44 08 01 85
94276 Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, France   Fax.+33 (0)1 53 14 59 22  [EMAIL PROTECTED]