Ted Zlatanov writes:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:16:58 -0500 "Roland Winkler" <wink...@gnu.org> wrote:
> RW> My main concern is XEmacs support. While I am not at all opposed to
> RW> having this (re)added to BBDB, it is simply something where I do not
> RW> know about and it ranks low on my personal agenda.
>
> David's buildbot will build on Emacs 24, 23.x, and XEmacs.  So it will
> catch the errors before the BBDB users do.
>
> David, can you add BBDB 3.x, located at
> git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/bbdb.git, to the buildbot farm?  Let me
> and Roland get the errors for now.

I shortly tested compilation, and it works more or less fine for GNU
Emacs22 to the latest GNU emacs-snapshot.

XEmacs is another matter, though. I attached the current logs for XEmacs
21.4 and 21.5. Note that your 'PUSHPATH' eval doesn't work for XEmacs;
just use "-L .".

I can set up a buildbot, but this only makes sense if all of the builds
are working initially. So I'm afraid someone would have to volunteer to
fix the XEmacs stuff first. :-)

-David

Compiling /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb.el...
While compiling bbdb-display-name-organization in file
/home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb.el:
  ** reference to free variable font-lock-function-name-face
  ** reference to free variable font-lock-comment-face
While compiling bbdb-display-record-one-line:
  ** reference to free variable font-lock-variable-name-face
While compiling bbdb-display-record-multi-line:
  ** reference to free variable font-lock-variable-name-face
  ** variable field bound but not referenced
While compiling bbdb-display-records-internal:
  ** variable start bound but not referenced
While compiling bbdb-overwrite-record-internal:
  ** variable _ bound but not referenced
  ** variable _ bound but not referenced
While compiling the end of the data:
  ** The following functions are not known to be defined:
    posn-set-point, event-end, substring-no-properties,
    compare-strings, member-ignore-case, replace-regexp-in-string,
    looking-back
Wrote /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb.elc
Done
Reading directory /home/david/bbdb/lisp/...
Reading directory /home/david/bbdb/lisp/...done
Compiling /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-com.el...
While compiling toplevel forms in file /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-com.el:
  !! File error (("Cannot open load file" "mailabbrev"))
>>Error occurred processing bbdb-com.el: Cannot open load file: mailabbrev

Done
make: *** [bbdb-com.elc] Error 1
Compiling /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-autoloads.el...
While compiling the end of the data in file
/home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-autoloads.el:
  ** the function custom-autoload is not known to be defined.
Wrote /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-autoloads.elc
Done
Reading directory /home/david/bbdb/lisp/...
Reading directory /home/david/bbdb/lisp/...done
Compiling /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-anniv.el...
While compiling bbdb-anniv-diary-entries in file
/home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-anniv.el:
  ** variable monthname bound but not referenced
  ** variable month bound but not referenced
  ** variable day bound but not referenced
  ** variable year bound but not referenced
  ** variable month bound but not referenced
  ** variable day bound but not referenced
  ** variable monthname bound but not referenced
  ** variable dayname bound but not referenced
While compiling the end of the data:
  ** The following functions are not known to be defined:
    calendar-extract-day, calendar-extract-month,
    calendar-extract-year, bbdb-record-note-split, string-match-p,
    diary-add-to-list, replace-regexp-in-string
Wrote /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-anniv.elc
Done
Reading directory /home/david/bbdb/lisp/...
Reading directory /home/david/bbdb/lisp/...done
Compiling /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-migrate.el...
While compiling the end of the data in file
/home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-migrate.el:
  ** The following functions are not known to be defined:
    bbdb-address-postcode, bbdb-address-set-postcode
Wrote /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-migrate.elc
Done
Reading directory /home/david/bbdb/lisp/...
Reading directory /home/david/bbdb/lisp/...done
Compiling /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-message.el...
While compiling bbdb-insinuate-message in file
/home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-message.el:
  ** reference to free variable bbdb-complete-mail
While compiling bbdb-insinuate-mail:
  ** reference to free variable bbdb-complete-mail
Wrote /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-message.elc
Done
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
Compiling /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb.el...
While compiling bbdb-display-name-organization in file
/home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb.el:
  ** reference to free variable font-lock-function-name-face
  ** reference to free variable font-lock-comment-face
While compiling bbdb-display-record-one-line:
  ** reference to free variable font-lock-variable-name-face
While compiling bbdb-display-record-multi-line:
  ** reference to free variable font-lock-variable-name-face
  ** variable field bound but not referenced
While compiling bbdb-display-records-internal:
  ** variable start bound but not referenced
While compiling bbdb-overwrite-record-internal:
  ** variable _ bound but not referenced
  ** variable _ bound but not referenced
While compiling the end of the data:
  ** The following functions are not known to be defined:
    posn-set-point, event-end, substring-no-properties, looking-back
Wrote /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb.elc
Done

Reading directory /home/david/bbdb/lisp/...
Reading directory /home/david/bbdb/lisp/...done
Compiling /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-com.el...
While compiling toplevel forms in file /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-com.el:
  !! File error (("Cannot open load file" "mailabbrev"))
Done
>>Error occurred processing bbdb-com.el: Cannot open load file: "mailabbrev"

make: *** [bbdb-com.elc] Error 1

Compiling /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-autoloads.el...
While compiling toplevel forms in file /home/david/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-autoloads.el:
  ** custom-autoload called with 3 arguments, but accepts only 2