> * Sam Steingold <f...@tah.bet> [2011-12-28 12:44:25 -0500]:
>
> When I use the "tall" display, the *BBDB* window is vertical
> (i.e., it is split sideways, which is precisely what I want)
> When I use the "wide" display, the *BBDB* window is horizontal
> (i.e., it is split on the bottom top of another windows,
> which is _NOT_ what I want).

I still have the problem, but now it's the other way around: wide
display is split according to bbdb-message-pop-up == horiz and the tall
display ignores is.
The only difference I see is that after I restarted emacs, the "first"
frame is tall and the second is wide.
I.e., it appears that bbdb-message-pop-up is ignored in the first frame.

Still confused...

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) X 11.0.11004000
http://ffii.org http://openvotingconsortium.org http://jihadwatch.org