On Fri Jul 6 2012 Sam Steingold wrote:
> 2012-06-28  Sam Steingold  <s...@gnu.org>
>       * lisp/bbdb-com.el (bbdb-complete-mail): Use `quit-window'
>       instead of `bury-buffer' to get rid of *Completions*.

I am sorry, it's not clear to me what problem was supposed to get
fixed by the above patch.  With Ivan Kanis' recent bug report in
mind, it really appears to me that the cleanest thing is going back
to the old behavior. So I have reverted this patch. (Better
solutions welcome!)

2012-08-06  Roland Winkler  <wink...@gnu.org>
        * lisp/bbdb-com.el (bbdb-complete-mail): Revert 2012-07-06 change.

BBDB is available at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bbdb/
To check it out, use
git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/bbdb.git