On Mon Aug 6 2012 Sam Steingold wrote:
> > * Roland Winkler <jvax...@tah.bet> [2012-08-06 11:11:19 -0500]:
> > Sure, but the point is here that the call of quit-window is preceded
> > by a call of set-window-configuration that is supposed to restore
> > the window configuration before the *Completions* window popped up.
>
> window configuration is a huge overkill in this case.

...OK, another piece of outdated code is gone.

On Mon Aug 6 2012 Stephen Leake wrote:
> So testing done for nil is correct, and that now works for me;

That's good!

bbdb-complete-mail is one of the more completed pieces of code in
BBDB and I guess there are still some bugs hidden there.

> Patch, adding this comment,
>      ;; The pattern has matched no records; it is most likely the
>      ;; result of a previous match, and we want to cycle to the next
>      ;; email address.

Actually, this comment is not quite right. The pattern matched the
record we want to cycle through, but because of
bbdb-complete-mail-allow-cycling being non-nil DONE is still nil.

Anyway, I need to revise this code (and other parts of BBDB) once
more to deal better with mail addresses in a record that include a
full name.

2012-08-07  Roland Winkler  <wink...@gnu.org>
        * lisp/bbdb-com.el (bbdb-complete-mail): Use quit-window instead
        of current-window-configuration and set-window-configuration.
        * lisp/bbdb.el (bbdb-complete-mail-saved-window-config): Remove.

BBDB is available at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bbdb/
To check it out, use
git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/bbdb.git