> On Wed Aug 8 2012 Julien Cubizolles wrote:
>> (add-hook 'mail-setup-hook 'bbdb-define-all-aliases)
>> (add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'bbdb-define-all-aliases)

>  (add-hook 'mail-setup-hook 'bbdb-mail-aliases)

This removed the error messages about aliases but I still can't get the
list of adresses in the To: field with completion of their mail-alias.

>> I'm having the same problem with bbdb-insinuate-message when replying
>> to/forwarding a message or editing a draft : the text from the original
>> message isn't copied.

>I do not understand: Copying the text of the original message into a
>reply has nothing to do with BBDB.

I don't either but maybe when this hook fails, all subsequent hooks are
dismissed. Here is the backtrace when I try to reply/yank to your message.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Autoloading failed to define function
bbdb-insinuate-message")
  bbdb-insinuate-message()
  run-hooks(message-setup-hook)
  message-setup-1(((Subject . "Re: autoloading failed to define function
bbdb-define-all-aliases") (Cc . "bbdb-info@lists.sourceforge.net") (To .
"\"Roland Winkler\" <wink...@gnu.org>")) #<buffer  *gnus article copy*> nil nil)
  message-setup(((Subject . "Re: autoloading failed to define function
bbdb-define-all-aliases") (Cc . "bbdb-info@lists.sourceforge.net") (To .
"\"Roland Winkler\" <wink...@gnu.org>")) #<buffer  *gnus article copy*>)
  message-reply(nil t)
  gnus-summary-reply((63026) t)
  gnus-summary-reply-with-original(nil t)
  gnus-summary-wide-reply-with-original(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-wide-reply-with-original nil nil)

By the way, is there a function to explicitely paste some text as quoted
instead of manually adding ">" in front of each line ?

Thanks for your help.

Julien.