On Tue Jul 11 2017 Vincent Belaïche wrote:
> Just to mention that the code based on cl-progv which I have
> supplied does not work. I don't have any time to investigate why,
> so if you want to take my patch, please take the 1st one (that
> based on lambda).

I believe the purpose of cl-progv is to provide a let binding where
the var list is determined at run time.  This is achieved by
`eval'ing the let form.  Yet to deal with lexical bindings, `eval'
needs to know the lexical environment (as a 2nd arg for eval) that
cl-progv does not provide.

Barak's patch has done exactly that and I also used the same
approach in bbdb-tex.el.