Larry Finger escribió:
>>> "BCM 4310 USB - This device has an LP PHY. We think that means low power.
>>> In any case, previous code does not work. The reverse engineers have
>>> generated specs for the code writers and development is in progress. Note:
>>> This card uses the PCI bus, despite its name."
>>>
>>> Please, could you update this info? I don't know whether the comment is up
>>> to date or whether (perhaps) some progress happened since then... any
>>> experimental driver out there?
>
> As you have discovered, this info is up to date.
>
>> There is no experimental driver yet. I'm currently working on an
>> implementation, but right now, not even the hardware init code is
>> complete.

Any (aprox.) ETA? End of year perhaps? Meanwhile I think the best choice
for me is this:
http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php
Having sources from vendor, I hope your work gets a little easier and b43
development goes faster so I could use your b43 driver :)

> Broadcom really has messed up the naming of the LP devices. For example,
>
> (a) BCM4312 802.11abg devices with ID 14e4:4312 that works with b43
> (b) BCM4312 802.11bg devices with ID 14e4:4315 that does not work
> (c) BCM4310 USB with ID 14e4:4315 that also does not work with b43
>
> The device in (c) has a USB core that is not enabled. I think Broadcom
> was considering a USB implementation; however these have never been
> released AFAIK. All of them are built on a PCI base.

Thank you, Gábor & Larry, for your responses (and to all the team for your
efforts).

Cheers,
-Román