Gábor Stefanik wrote:
> Mark, could you produce a dmesg output with the new firmware, patches
> applied, and channel set to 1? Post the output of dmesg after scanning
> & probably associating, if possible. (Scan/assoc may produce messages
> in dmesg.)

I tested this already, but with default chan set to 1, I cannot get the
interface up.
This is somewhere in my mail, but it got a bit messy after I noticed
that after
changing some of the code my modules got installed in another directory
(-dirty).

I just restarted the notebook, but now the results are different again...

New firmware, with patches applied and default channel 7:
[   72.160057] b43-phy1: Loading firmware version 478.104 (2008-07-01
00:50:23)
[   72.163484] b43-phy1 debug: RC calib: Failed to switch to channel 7,
error = -5
[   72.168100] b43-phy1 debug: Switch to init channel failed, error = -5.

Recompile module with default chan 1, patches still applied and new
firmware,
# modprobe -r b43 && modprobe b43 verbose=3 && ifconfig wlan0 up

[  430.259877] b43-phy2 debug: Switch to init channel failed, error = -5.

Recompile again, but with default chan back to 7, still patched and
still new firmware.
So same as in first situation:
# modprobe -r b43 && modprobe b43 verbose=3 && ifconfig wlan0 up

[  524.748062] b43-phy3 debug: Chip initialized

And I can get my interface up and working!

Without this procedure I have not been able to get a working chip. Seems
the partially
initialized state after each try, allows the next try to get a bit
further. And together with
the default channel switching between 1 and 7, I get a working chip, but
a chip that does
not seem to be able to find my AP thats on channel 1.

If I now change default chan to 1 again, I am getting the same error as
in step 2 above.
I have not been able to get the interface up with default chan set to 1.

Mark