2009/9/17 Thomas Ilnseher <il...@gmx.de>:
> Am Donnerstag, den 17.09.2009, 18:02 +0200 schrieb Rafał Miłecki:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to ask about status of LP-PHY status. Could you explain
>> to simple end-user what is missing in current implementation? Is this
>> just calibration for performance, or something more? Did someone make
>> some tests for AP mode? Or is this /stupid/ idea without calibration
>> done?
>
> The LP PHY code works for me since compat-wireless-02-09-09. I can't use
> newer versions because of some IRQ_THREAD stuff.
>
> Maybe my device crashes here & then, but hat could be due to other stuff
> as well (It's an embedded system, ASUS WL-520gU)
>
> I have written a (very small) patch that implements proper analog switch
> support for the LP PHY, and that seems to improve throughput on my
> device.
>>
>> Stefanik is there change you find some time to finish calibration part
>> before .32 merge window? Don't want to rush you, you already have done
>> great work, just would like to know.
>
> I don't know how difficult this calibration stuff is. If it's as simple
> as the analog switch patch (or the other two useless patches I wrote),
> You (Stefanik) can drop me a note that I should do it.
>
> If you think my patches are crap, and I'm only wasting your time, just
> inform me.

Calibration is quite hard to do; but I have already posted an
incomplete patch about it on the list, which was rejected due to a
huge error, and my VMware installation died next day before I could
fix the patch up. Fixing the remaining issues on that should be easy -
you need to implement PHY reset (and use it instead of
put_phy_into_reset, which should actually be called disable_phy) and
replace the inline implementation of "PHY anacore" with a proper call
to the switch_analog op. (When I wrote the code, I didn't realize that
"PHY anacore" actually means "switch analog core".) Note that my patch
doesn't contain all 3 calibration routines, only one of them.

BTW your "useless" patches will probably become useful when writing calibration.

Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)