On Thursday 19 November 2009 01:26:41 Oncaphillis wrote:
>   >>
> >> Is it this device?
> >> http://hax0rpedia.com/index.php/Disassembeling_the_AAO_D250
> >>
> >> Can you open the lower-right cover shown here:
> >> http://hax0rpedia.com/index.php/File:Aao_d250_step2.jpg
> >> and take a closeup picture of the wireless card?
> >> Also probably a picture of the backside of the card. That'd require
> >> removing
> >> the card, though.
>

>   Hmm, surprise surprise. The slot is empty. They seem to have moved
>   it onto the motherborad.

Whoa, sick man. :)

So I think there's a fair chance that there's no sprom at all, if
the device is on-board.
So I wonder how we can identify the device. I guess the four pci-IDs
(vendor, device, subvendor, subdevice) are OK to do so?

The next problem is where to get valid sprom data from? Do you have
the original vendor driver on CD? If there's no sprom on the device,
they must ship the sprom-image with the official driver.

--
Greetings, Michael.