Lloyd Charles wrote: Snip HiTom A friend told me this would keep termites out of
a building we were having trouble with. The copper wire needs to be strung a few
inches above ground, on insulators, kept tight, and butt joined (end on joint)
so that it will hum / resonate (like the old time aerial phone wires used to.)
Sounds good and I believe it would work but boy does it take some doing. The
wire is almost impossible to keep tensioned, between the dog laying up against
it, and the constant expansion - contraction in a long length of copper wire - I
gave up.

A couple of points.

The function here is likely to be different to the earlier thread. Termites are
very sound sensitive. So the humming wire may will work. To tension and to keep
tensioned, requires a high tensile wire as used for the old copper phone wires,
not the soft stuff used to wind coils. Find some old abandoned phone wires, or
use high tensile Galv Steel. You may need to play around with the spans of wire,
as this will control the pitch/ frequency. Dowse to find the one that makes
termites feel like going to the next house and that you can still live with. If
the maintenance of the wire is too difficult or dangerous to dog and visitors,
you could build an small electronic device to produce the same frequency for a
few tens of dollars and install in under cover.

>  We have got a trial going on at the moment with a white ant pepper made
> from a tincture and also spraying the active sites with a potentised
> arsenicum album (from a Malcolm Rae Card) this looks very promising. Have
> had some real good results around the house and yard with simple D8 pest
> insect peppers prepared with a small potentiser (this is not that difficult
> to hand prepare either) and applied with a watering can. Definitely NOT
> rocket science but easy and cheap and totally harmless.

Could you keep the list posted on this? The Rae Card for Arsenicum album, is the
homoeopathic, rather than the physical material. It will be interesting to see
what happens.

I have a "slow" compost heap, one that gets kitchen scraps and garden waste, as
distinct from a properly built "hot" compost. Every now and again, it gets put
through the screen and any uncomposted material goes in a new "hot" heap and
this starts again. I found I had a family of Grey/ Fruit Rat (Ratis ratis) found
it offered both accommodation and food. I decided to try a new Radionic Rate (to
me). So I just put a 500 ml of water on the Base 44 instrument and fired up the
rate for "To make unattractive to rats" which 31 34 34 18. I did not even go to
the effort of putting it in a trigger spray, just sloshed it around, on and over
the compound, which is made from four pallets. I also levelled the heap off and
closed their holes. When checking they seem to have left.

Gil