Chromas as intellectual curiosity?

Well, let me just add these comments from a
general perspective.

Chromas are a practical approach to the humus
farmers in Austria and Switzerland, who work their soils
with humified compost, cover crops, spading machines,
rotations, and related humus management practices
to achieve biological health,  clay-humus crumb,
and associated mineral availability.

There, the chromas are used with a series of other
humus measurements to provide a fundamental
understanding of the condition of the soil.  The typical NPK
soil test, even the Albrecht soil test, is largely irrelevant from
this humus perspective.  Likewise, are chromas used to view
food quality.

Certainly the chroma reveals a qualitative nature that cannot
be seen by taking the food apart and analyzing its individual
components.

Yet nobody is suggesting that chromas be used as some
sort of certificate of proof.

I just did a workshop on food quality and the chromas
were one of the things that helped people "get it" in
terms of food quality, holism, and image forming
qualitative perspective.

James, that was very interesting to read about
the Bruce Copen bio-mineral soil amendment
mix, sent out by broadcasting.  It is a little glimpse
into some very intersting and worth following
up and learning a lot more.

Steve Diver