  GM> I'm look for code example that will only select a string containing 3
  GM> digits .. The string cant be less than 3 digit , can't be more than 3
  GM> and can't contain any other characters.

that is called containing exactly three digits. you spent way too many
words describing it.

  GM> I have googled and found code that will find 3 consecutive digits
  GM> within a string or at the beginning.

and what is that code? did you understand how they work? did you try
them out? have you read any of the intros to perl regexes (perlretut and
perlrequick)? finally if you have code that works at the beginning of a
string, would you want to find something that matches digits at the end
of a string? perl might have something useful like that so rtfm and look
for it. it will be easier than you think.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  u...@stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --
-----  Perl Code Review , Architecture, Development, Training, Support ------