Xiao Lan (小兰) wrote:
On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Parag Kalra <paragka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All,

I am looking for some good Perl modules to process excel sheets.

Hi,

If you just want a module, take a look at this one (I once used it):

http://search.cpan.org/~jmcnamara/Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.55/lib/Spreadsheet/ParseExcel.pm

Depending on the Excel version used to generate the files and the actual filetype saved (OOXML anyone?), this might or might not work.

If in doubt, you could use Win32::OLE (on a windows machine) to convert the file to a CSV-File (comma seperated values) first, take a look here:

http://www.ngbdigital.com/perl_ole_excel.html

Then you could use a number of CPAN modules to process the CSV. One of the more exotic one is DBD::CSV, where use can use the file like a database table ;-)

LG
rene