---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: asif mahmud <acid_ko...@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, May 6, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Helo everyone,

currently i am trying to develop a english to bangla dictionary
software for desktop. I was really excited to find this project called
anubadok and the english to bangla dictionary. Specially the
dictionary is the thing that will help me a lot.

I was trying to fetch the bangla content from the table dict_table.
However, i failed to collect the strings. It was showing all junks. I
saw that the table use utf8 encoding, so i used set NAMES = 'utf8'
function before select statements in mysql. i tried with collations
like utf8_general/unicode_ci but no luck. I have been trying this for
quite a long time but its not working. If you could provide me some
clue regarding fetching the bangla characters from db, it would be
really helpful for me.

Thanks in advance
-Asif