> From: "Ray & Pat Burgett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> <Proper care is the key>  *** That is what I said and I agree with you.

Cool, then everyone can get off everyone's case and stop the pointing fingers do xrays
and then not breed those dogs that throw the bad orthos together!  They your breed
will be better off.

> ,<<< proper care taking of the genes for
> they say it all....and the genes are in the breeders hands>>>
> ***Boy, do I agree with you again, BUT you can breed from a good line of
> dogs with lots of good health and Mother Nature can and does throw a nasty
> curve ball once in a while. That a Breeder cannot control.

Once again, as I said, the first time a dog or should I say dogs, are bred there is no
telling how the genes will mix...but once they are bred and they together...I
repeat...together throw bad orthos even if there is one gorgeous super showing dog
they should never never never be bred again, ever to protect the breed.  My HD fella
is out of generations of Excellent clearances, I waited for him for I believed as did
the breeder together I had a chance of getting a super intelligent, sound grand
working fella, not to mention gorgeous.  We were both wrong, but when he said he was
going to breed the two again...I came unglued for that is ignorance, and has a great
chance of causing pain in more pups and anguish with more owners.

When I read a poor puppy buyer taking grief over "then causing by not feeding
exercising their pup this awful curse we call HD, I want to throw my puter across the
room, go hug them and tell them it is not their fault, it is nature the first time the
two are bred, neglect if it was a repeat and bad orthos shows in the first, or was
this the second or fifth breeding of these two and out of the 40 other dogs produced
how many were OFA'd, two, maybe five!

I get windy on this subject and believe the PPOs should get educated and not just
believe because someone is a member of a club or owns a dozen of a breed they are
practicing ethics in breeding and truly care for the offspring's health and good long
pain free lives!

Read some of George Lust study he did over twenty five years or go to one of his
seminars and then a light may go off in more brains as to exactly what a gene pool is
and does....loads of pieces in that puzzle.

Rusty C & Good Company