Anyone out there interested in joining forces to produce a nice Berner quilt for a future raffle for BARC and LOC?

I've been sewing for about 40 years, mostly clothing and crafts, and have made a few appliqued quilt wall hangings, but I'm itching to do some "real" quilting. A friend showed me a beautiful quilt her quilting class ("paper foundation piecing") ended up making for a raffle. The 24 members each made 2 panels of the same pattern (a cowboy boot), then one of them assembled them into a large 48-panel quilt, which the class is donating to Montana State University's rodeo program for an auction fundraiser. Now why couldn't a bunch of us do the same thing, but with Berners instead of boots? Anyone either have an appropriate pattern, can design a pattern, and/or wish to participate? Any advice to offer on doing this from remote locations? We'd have a year to have one ready for the 2004 Specialty!!

If no one else is interested, I'd like to do it myself, but don't have the talent or expertise to design an appropriate Berner pattern. Help?

It's probably best to respond to me PRIVATELY, rather than bore most of the members of this list -- I'll keep track of anyone interested and somehow we'll get this off the ground.

Vicky Whitney in Bozeman, Montana
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

BERNER-L Digest 4285

Topics covered in this issue include:

  1) Re: Editing BERNER Photos
        by "Ray & Pat Burgett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Glucosamine
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  3) Re: shots
        by "Marion Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: Xrays-Who pays
        by Rose Tierney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Haggis
        by Rose Tierney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) RE: Haggis
        by Patricia McIlveen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: The "Haggis Explosion Episode"!!
        by Rose Tierney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Haggis
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  9) Re: Haggis
        by "L. Montoya" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: The "Haggis Explosion Episode"!!
        by "Maria Crifasi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Call names
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 12) Haggis
        by "Amanda McLean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: The "Haggis Explosion Episode"!!
        by "jane heggen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: berner communication
        by "Kelly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: letting go
        by "Jordan S. Dill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Curious....I too have a Berner who has had siezures....
        by "Denise Vickers," <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) RE: (OT) Re: scrapple
        by "Jennifer Burgess" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Haggis
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 19) Getting White REALLY White
        by "Jennifer Lemerande" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) She Won't Eat!
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 21) Re: She Won't Eat!
        by "Eileen Morgan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) RE Dog Park Incident/Attracting Aggression
        by catherine green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) RE Dog Names
        by catherine green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) "Stick" Pedigrees
        by Carrie Roy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Topic that has raised a ruckus for Subaru
        by Sharon Montville <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Taking It A Day at A Time: Plain Rads Show No Cancer Spread
        by "Lisa D Allen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Moses ambulatory
        by "Lisa D Allen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) blue ridge winter walk map
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 29) Call Names
        by "DonaLeigh Engstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<< message4.txt >>
<< message6.txt >>
<< message8.txt >>
<< message12.txt >>