">Shedding/is my home large
enough/temperment/barking/and will the breed fitinto
my lifestyle?Kenny -- of COURSE you'd love to have a
BMD!!! Who in their right mindwouldn't. There. Now
that that's out of the way...1.) Shedding - yes! Be
prepared. We brush our dogs almost every day, butI'll
still see Berner "babies" rolling across the floor
sometimes. And getused to hair in everything, and I
mean EVERYTHING!2.) We are on BMD #2. We now have a
house with a good-sized yard, but thatwas not the case
with BMD #1. Part of the time that we had him (120lb
intactmale), we lived in a duplex apartment (1 floor,
916 sq ft) with a small backyard (60' long but only 6'
wide at one end and 28' wide at the other).Actually,
we had 2 dogs in that yard/home."

Hi Kenny- I just wanted to say that I agree with Liz
about the shedding and the space issue. My husband and
I both brush both of our dogs once a day and we still
see little berner "babies" of hair. We just vaccuum
everyday too:). My husband and I live in 400 sq. foot
2 story home/flat, 200sq.ft upstairs and 200sq.ft
downstairs.Our friends wonder how we all fit in there,
Mahkah is about 100lbs and Sienna is about 85lbs. We
are lucky as we have a great yard(100 ft long and 6 ft
across with a porch area, wood fence 6 ft high) and
the San Juan Mountains anytime we want them.When we
are at work Mahkah and Sienna have access to the house
and yard(even in the winter)through a dog door. So
they have quite a lot of freedom. We probably take our
dogs 4 to 5 times per day as our jobs allow, plus I
only work a 4 day week so that helps. We also have 4
cats so you can imagine the space and shedding issues
we come across- but it all seems to work out fine- as
long as our two berners get brushed and walked/hiked
everyday as often as possible it works.I really think
berners are adaptable anywhere as long as their people
are willing to provide them with enough stimulation
and exercise... Good luck! Lydia McNeese, Lake City,
Co
Mahkah-1 1/2 years old, CGC
Sienna-5 years, BARC rescue