Hi Cissy-

What a heart-wrenching decision that must have been for you to turn to. Your
post did not mention that you had anyone to turn to such as Cissy's breeder,
a trainer, or a veterinarian, to help with your dog's aggression issues.  It
is such a shame that we failed you.  It is such a shame that your Cissy had
some temperament issues that made her dangerous to live with.  Unfortunately,
there are dogs in our world that make living with them more difficult than
others.  Hopefully, by breeding dogs with exceptional temperaments and health
clearances, we are providing wonderful companions for people.  However, dogs
are like people...sometimes a family member just is not nice.  Cissy's
littermates may be wonderful and trustworthy, yet she did not inherit their
self-confidance.  I am using this as an example only of course...since I have
no idea whether her littermates are 'good' companion dogs or not.

Cissy is in a special place now...where dogs run and play freely...no leashes
and lots of treats.  Rest assured that she understands your decision to help
her cross over, and she is being cared for by many of those who went before
her.

Take care,
Jennie Hoffnagle
Glenmoore, PA