It helps greatly to hear from veterans who have been in the
trenches in these pet store battles. There are so many fronts:
educating consumers, promoting responsible ownership, shutting
down the supply, helping the victims (Berner and human), ... It
sounds a pet store packet on Berners might help. Problem is that
the material I've seen (BMDCA info series, posters, etc.) is
just perfect for people interested in responsible ownership but
way too forthright for pet stores. IMHO a chain that sells mill
puppies is not going to hand out realistic information to
educate sales prospects about temperament, health challenges,
longevity, etc. They want that cute little puppy sold way before
it starts growing adult teeth and they sure don't want to
promote any mature consideration. I'm pulling together some nice
neutral information about the breed with references to BMDCA and
similar links for more information and a contact phone number or
email address for help with the inevitable problems.
Now that Gelli is sleeping through the night and is house
trained I'm finally getting around to designing his web site. It
sounds like a link to a downloadable pet store packet might be
just the thing to help out.  Suggestions are welcome.

=====
Patricia Buickerood