Hidden files are indeed sort of silly here. I was/am a little nonplussed
by having to always explicitly supply the '~user/...' to find my files
saved inside the j folder - I agree with your assessment of iTune's
brain activity...

I do find that they persist over quit/restart (and presumably version
update, although I haven't verified that yet).