> On 12 Jul 2023, at 23:30, Christiaan Hofman <cmhof...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 12 Jul 2023, at 19:41, Timothy Roes <timothyr...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:timothyr...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> What’s the best approach for moving the library folder?
>>
>> I have tried dragging it to the new location, but this doesn’t update the
>> links in the .bib file. There are no links in the .bib file that I could
>> edit with sed.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Timothy
>

> It is safest to move the folder containing the linked files and the database
> file together so the relative paths remain the same. You can then save (a
> copy of) the database file to a new (or the old) location as you want, for
> instance using Save As.
>
> BTW, if you drag the papers folder to a new location, the links should still
> work, at least if you don’t move to a different volume, because the data
> contains an alias link to the files (if you didn’t use a hidden preference to
> prevent that).
>
> Christiaan

Oh, and to put the database in the final location, don’t use Move To or Rename
(from the File menu, title bar, or Finder). That does not change the data (so
it does not update the links. Use Save As…; you may have to hold the Option key
to see the menu item. You may end up with copies of the database in different
places, you may delete the ones you don’t need anymore.