On 08-04-2024 15:30, Marc wrote:
I am quite a bit annoyed with how redhat has completely failed to put
proper engineers on this dyndb-ldap.

https://issues.redhat.com/ or
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/

is where you need to complain.

Does anyone know of a fork of dyndb before Redhat started messing it
up for their freeipa shit? I just need a version that was working
like on el6/el7(?) which is working on el9.
You can download the SRPM (e.g. [1] or using yumdownloader from yum-utils) and rebuild it for EL9, e.g. in Copr[2] or locally.

Though, EL6 is already EOL en EL7 will be in a few months. So the version shipped is probably rather ancient and your mileage may vary.

[1] https://downloads.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/7Server/en/os/SRPMS/
[2] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/

-- Sandro