Would be fine for me, depends on the community, and it is one of those chunks
that make many stall...

The reason for building on bitcoin/bitcoin directly is that this created a
history of all changes, and this way I had a working version running each day
while doing the refactoring - with my wallet at stake!

However, I think perhaps the bitcoin project should be split into a library,
with a prototype client and the actual clients. This library facilitates this.

Cheers,

Michael Gronager, PhD
Director, Ceptacle
Jens Juels Gade 33