On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Amir Taaki <zgen...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> luke-jr wants me to split this BIP into 3 separate BIPs because he says that
> other devs felt it was too unfocused and covered too many topics. However
> this discussion took place on IRC, a

It actually took place on this list:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20120612105038.GA29784%40vps7135.xlshosting.net&forum_name=bitcoin-development

It just took some IRC prodding to get Luke to move in the direction of
breaking it up to get the optional parts that Pieter objected to out
of the spec.

Perhaps other people missed it too... so discussing it more sounds
fine if anyone objects.