There are test cases that can be automated. That's Jenkins, and those will
be run automagically.

Then there are tests that cannot be automated; things like "Does the GUI
look OK on all of the platforms that we support (Windows XP/2000/Vista/7/8,
Ubuntu/Debian blah with window managers foo and bar, OSX 10.5/6/7/8)."

Thanks to Matt, we're doing great with automated functional test cases (can
always do better, of course).

We're failing on simple, boring stuff like making sure we actually run on
all of the platforms that we say we run on BEFORE final release. That is
where I think a QA team can add a lot of value.

Steve: I'm worried you're over-designing The Process. A release acceptance
test plan could be nothing more than a step-by-step checklist on a wiki
page, Google Doc, or Drobox shared folder...

Gavin Andresen