I for one would be interested in taking a look at that.

In San Jose I was asking around about the possibility of hiring someone to
complete such a patch. Pieter Wuille introduced me to Eric Lombrozo, who
expressed interest, but has since gotten quite busy. So we haven't arrived at a
detailed estimate of what it would involve.

Maybe it would be better to start a completely new thread for this topic, but I
would very much be interested in an open dissection of what adding SPV support
to bitcoind would take. I am willing to fund or (ideally) co-fund this
endeavor, if I can ever get my head around it. I'm super interested in all of
these possibilities (including micro-stripped-VMs and transpilation), but would
simply like to encourage the proliferation of _options_ whenever possible.

-wendell

grabhive.com | twitter.com/grabhive