On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Peter Todd <p...@petertodd.org> wrote:
> For someone with 'Chief Scientist' as their job title, I'm surprised you
> think so little of hard evidence and so much of idol worshipping.

Peter, take this unprofessional, personal crap off-list.

Mike's anecdote of hostility is not an isolated one.  Just today, a
bitcore developer commented on "Peter Todd's ..apocalyptic vision
and... negative view on bitcoin" which turned off some other
developers from participating more interactively.

As I commented on IRC, open source projects are no strangers to people
who simultaneously (a) make useful contributions and (b) turn
potential contributors away with an abrasive or hostile attitude
toward others.  It's an unsolved problem in OSS, that I saw for 15+
years in the Linux kernel community.

For this list, as Mike suggested on IRC, introducing an openly stated
moderation policy may be the one route.

--
Jeff Garzik
Bitcoin core developer and open source evangelist