I have nothing against incremental development. This will however not pick up
until it offers some incremental benefit compared to current payment processor
solutions,
such as e.g.

1. Symmetrical. One can also offer a payment.
2. Aggregating and Netting. Handle multiple installments and/or net with
previous cash flows.
3. More secure. One has a check not only on the payment address (which already
has one with https:// in the web shop scenario it is currently able support)
but not on the refund.