Some users on bitcointalk[0] would like to have their vanity addresses
available for others easily to find and verify the ownership over a kind
of WoT. Right now they sign their own addresses and quote them in the
forums.
As I pointed out there already the centralized storage in the forums is
not secury anyhow and signed messages could be swapped easily with the
next hack of the forums.

Is that use case taken care of in any plans already?

I thought about abusing pgp keyservers but that would suit for single
vanity addresses only.
It seems webfinger could be part of a solution where servers of a
business can tell and proof you if a specific address is owned by them.

[0] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502538
[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=505095