There's no need to be confrontational. I don't think anyone here objects
to the basic concept of proof-of-stake. Some people, myself included,
have proposed protocols which involve some sort of proof of stake
mechanism, and the idea itself originated as a mechanism for eliminating
checkpoints, something which is very much on topic and of concern to
many here.

The problems come when one tries to *replace* proof-of-work mining with
proof-of-stake "mining." You encounter problems related to the fact that
with proof-of-stake nothing is actually at stake. You are free to sign
as many different forks as you wish, and worse have incentive to do so,
because whatever fork does win, you want it to be yours. In the worst
case this results in double-spends at will, and in the best case with
any of the various proposed protections deployed, it merely reduces to
proof-of-work as miners grind blocks until they find one that names them
or one of their sock puppets as the signer of the next block.

I sincerely doubt you will find a solution to this, as it appears to be
a fundamental issue with proof-of-stake, in that it must leverage an
existing mechanism for enforced scarcity (e.g. proof-of-work) in order
to work in a consensus algorithm. Is there some solution that you have
in mind for this?

Mark