On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Mike Hearn <m...@plan99.net> wrote:

>> Meanwhile, what I said *is* correct. New version numbers result in only
> a log print. Being hard forked off results in both log prints *and* the
> -alertnotify being run:

That is easy to change; I'll submit a pull request. It is a good idea to
get an -alertnotify sooner rather than later for EITHER a hard fork or a
soft-fork. Better to be told you have to upgrade while the block.version is
on its way to being a super-majority than after you are either hard-forked
off the main chain (or soft-forked).

I don't have any opinion on the hard- versus soft- fork debate. I think
either can work.

Gavin Andresen