Mike, I am not denying it is impossible to do all of that.
Just that it is not a trivial stuff to do to make it works everywhere, and
I think that it is not a good thing for a client side technology.
BIP70 has its use, and I understand why there is case where it is good to
ship the certs in the message and not depends on the transport.

But a standard that just use JSON and HTTPS, even if less flexible that
BIP70, would make it easier and sufficient for today's use case.