From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
RBMuller
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:00 PM
To: blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info
Subject: Re: [blackbelly] Scrapie Ear Tags

I really don't know about other states but when the NAIS is implemented the
scrapies tags probably won't be used.  We will all have to buy a $2 tag per
animal that has a chip in it so it can be read by a scanner.  Apparently
there will another system for flocks of birds and swine.
My understanding on the horses is that they will have a rice size implant
next to the mane.  This will cost around $25.00 for each horse, mule,
donkey.
The vet here used to pay 25 cents for each animal health certificate.  Texas
Animal Health now charges $5 per certificate.
There will always be more laws enacted by the suits that only know an office
and have no idea where the food that they eat comes from!!!
Extremely frustrating and just downright scary.
Rhonda