I thought I would add our latest experience.

We have a compost pile in one of our large pastures.  Usually the sheep
clean up any growth and that works well for us.  We threw out a bad
watermelon and didn't think anything about it.

Last week we notice we have a huge section of watermelon in the compost
pile.  Apparently the sheep won't eat it.  They tore threw our pumpkin and
squash patch so now we have finally found something we can grow.

On the other side, we have a fence row that we have not taken the time to
rebuild the fence since it is covered with brush and poison ivy.  We
received permission from the owner of the other property to put up a
temporary field fence 20 feet into his property so we can clear it out this
winter.  We will have fall forage for a change.  The other owner is looking
forward to a clean fence come spring.  Its one of those tasks you put off
since it is so overgrown.

We love to watch the sheep on the first day in a new field.  It is exciting
to see them jumping and going around with the "oh look here" attitude.

Sharon Wintermute