Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful responses. Yesterday I found
BamBam, they boy, had a temperature 2 degrees lower than the rest of
the lambs. Being new to shepherding, I made an appointment with the
vet this morning and brought him in. His temp was back up to normal
but he was still resting while everyone was frolicking. The Vet's
advice was to add some goat's milk (real, not supplement) to his diet
--as he will eat it. His point was: if he takes a bottle at all, he's
hungry, especially if he's used to his mother's milk. This Vet is an
experienced shepherder as well.

Also, we are strongly considering converting our 4 lambs to the bottle
soon, anyways, because we would like them tame. We're not raising them
for livestock. So I'd like to get the milking thing under my belt.
While we can work supplement into the diet, I would like the bottle
conversion to start with goat or sheep's milk.

I'll check out my ewe as Mark advised, and compare to another ewe in
the same nursery pen. From what I remember the bag on both udders felt
pliable and "water ballon" like, but there was some very firm tissue
under the entire bag area. (probably normal?)  I'll check for a mucous
plug as well.

I have an experienced goat herder who raises pygmies, coming by this
weekend to try to milk some of my ewes, to see if we can get past my
barrier with them.

_Michael, Perino Ranch Blackbellies.