Regarding:

Message: 6
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 05:19:44 -0600
From: Cecil Bearden <crbear...@copper.net>
Subject: Re: [Blackbelly] Underdeveloped twin, (He WAS constipated)
To: blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info

Michael:
If he took 4oz at one feeding I would  not tube him.  He sounds like he
is well on his way to recovery.  I don't like the trauma with tubing, I
always feel that it hurts the throat.

I also would bet that he becomes your "best buddy" for a while.  My
other bottle lambs would let my wife feed them and hold them while
watching television.   But not my ram Herbie that I rescued from
freezing..  He would jump in my recliner as soon as I sat down in it!!!

Cecil and everybody else.  Bam Bam is in this enclosure, in a horse
barn with a steel roof but the sides are open:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mwsmotorsports/MakingBottleBabies223091014AM#5306058281107280642

and now is in a 3' circle of horse fencing with a heatlamp about 3"
above his head when he stands. It has thick moving blankets over the
top and partially down the sides, to help hold in heat.  He can see
and interact with his
sibling and her girlfriends, but stays in that incubator cage, to make
sure he's warm. In Northern California, it's 37• at it's lowest in the
mornings, and can get to
60• in the daytime. Most nights are only down to 45• or so, since it's
raining like crazy this month.

Should I have him indoors? We are no really set
up to do that, and also, I dont' want to separate him from his fellow
lambs. I visit him a coupla times each morning, my mother in law feeds
him a few times while
I'm at work, and I see him a couple times in the evenings and
definitely hold and hang out with him, and am now considering getting
up once or twice in the night.

-Michael. Perino Ranch Blackbellies.