I'm new to this mailing list, but am curious why we don't mention
Coccidia or E. Coli as a possible source of scours, more often?
Especially, since, if there's an outbreak of coccidia in the lamb
flock, the indications I find on the web usually say that pretty much
all the scouring lambs likely have it.

I am finding tons of links on the subject and found two of my 4 lambs
responding to Neomycin for their scours after only 3 day's treatment
(none have had as fecal sent to the lab yet). I would have used Albon
this weekend, but the supply place I go to did not have it, and the
vet was closed. Both are sufa-based drugs.

Even Bam Bam is starting to make pellet poop. (thank God)

The Scoursguard is supposed to show up today, and I will check the
ingredients of it before administering. I'm very curious to see if
it's Acidophilus and Wormwood.

meantime, here's some very helpful links:

Here's a great general sheet on all sorts of Lamb/goat gut problems:

http://www.sheepandgoat.com/articles/scours.html

(interestingly, it shows a BB or AB in the picture)

This breeders started with chemicals for her goat kids:

http://fiascofarm.com/goats/coccidiosis_experiment_schedule.htm

and moved to herbal/holistic approach:

http://fiascofarm.com/herbs/wormer.htm

_Michael, Perino Ranch Blackbellies.