On Tue, 23 Mar 2010, GARLAND STAMPER wrote:

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:03:48 -0700
From: GARLAND STAMPER <gstamper97...@msn.com>
To: blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info
Subject: Re: [Blackbelly] Must be spring

Peter and Kathy,

I really enjoy your updates.  Glad spring is finally appearing your way.  We

Be careful what you wish for...silent blackbellies are a blessing...if you
really need to hear one non-stop...I'll lend Frosty to you.  I have to sneak
out the back door...or else!
BBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!  I
think she "speaks" for the rest of them.  Then the horses and chickens chime
in!!  Geeze...and believe me, no one is hungry here!  <G>

Ha!

I do worry a little that if they started they would not stop, but it seems so un-sheeplike not to baaa. They are not totally silent, they kind of snort at our dog (and stamp their feet)

Heck, everyonece in a while...I call them goats, too.  But that's when I'm
mad at them!  Blackbellies will eat trees, so we wrapped mesh wire around
the ones that we love.

We had a chicken wire fence around it but when Blondie gets determined, shes relentless...

Beth in sunny central OR

PS  Our ewe, Priscilla, had triplets Sat night and while all 3 got colostrum
from Mom, one of them got chilled overnight...so he lives in a plastic bin
box in the livingroom at night and out with his family during the day.  He
needed bottle-fed watered-down nutra-drench and lamb milk replacer.  So far,
so good!  The others are doing really well.  Twins are much preferred...the
tiny triplet usually gets pushed out then gets cold and weak.

Glad He's is doing OK. I would like to have lambs around sometime, but Kathy says no more animals until we have a farm...

Peter & Kathy